Aby Kate respects the information she holds on you and takes the security of your information very seriously.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide, will be processed by Aby Kate.
Please read the following carefully to understand the views and practises regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By visiting https://abykate.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Aby Kate Aldridge of 5 Dorney Close, Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire ST15 0GS.
Information we may collect from you
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE. You may give information about you in a number of ways: directly by filling in forms in person, on the abykate.co.uk site or by corresponding with me by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the Aby Kate site, participate in social media functions on the site, comment or report problems on the site, and enter a promotion or survey. The information you give may include basic personal data such as your name, postal address, email address and phone number. Additional information about you may also include date of birth, gender, health details and emergency contact information. This will be made clear at point of collection such information would have specific consent and permission.
- INFORMATION I COLLECT ABOUT YOU. With regard to each of your visits to my site, I may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact me.
- INFORMATION I RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES. I may receive information about you if you use any other websites I operate or I am linked to. I work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO ME. I will use this information:
- to fulfil obligations arising from any bookings entered into between you and I and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request; provide you with a more personalised service
- To provide you with information about other services and goods I offer that are similar to those you have already registered for or enquired about
- to respond to enquiries, questions, and/or other requests
- To provide you with information about services or goods I feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, I will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services and goods. If you are a new customer I will contact you be electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which I collect. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, I may not be able to provide you with certain services.
- to notify you about updates and changes to my service;
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the computer.
- INFORMATION I COLLECT ABOUT YOU. I will use this information;
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes:
- to improve the site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the site about services or goods that may interest you or them.
- INFORMATION I RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES. I may combine this information with information you give to us and information I collect about you. I may use this and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
Disclosure of your information
I will only disclose information to third parties or individuals when obliged to by law and the following:
- if you have agreed that I may do so
- if I use other companies to provide services on my behalf, e.g., sub-contractors for the performance of any contract I enter into with them or you, Analytics and search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation of my site.
- If I receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from my site.
- I may disclose aggregate statistics to describe my services and operations, these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information.
- If I merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity.
- If I ran an event in partnership with a named organisation your registration details may need to be shared. I will be very clear if this should happen.
- I will never sell your personal information to other organisations.
Where I store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use a strict procedure and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retaining your information
I will hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose I use it; If you request that I have no further contact with you, I will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you out unwanted materials or information in the future. Should you wish me to delete any retained basic information then please contact me.
A new data protection law, starting on 25th May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights.
- Transparency over how we use your personal information — please see above.
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you; you have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong;
- Ask us to stop using your information
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes.
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
Remember, you can change the way you hear from me, update or amend information held about you or withdraw your permission for me to processing your personal data at any time by either checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your data or by contacting me. You can also exercise your rights at any time by contacting me at 5 Dorney Close, Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire ST15 0GS.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these polices. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.